- Registration as an Incorporated Association
- Postal Address
- Self Transformation
In summary, the Yourself Helper website is “free” to use by all those wishing find expression from their altruistic side, in:-
- Doing good works for others and the community generally
- Maximise the extent of “self-help” able to be applied in taking care of yourself and solving personal problems
- Identify with your authentic self by getting rid of bad habits in being the bethe best they can be now – physically, mentally & spiritually
- Realising your “strengths” and how they can be used to help others in need of your practical experience, talent, generosity and wisdom
- Identifying any gaps, weaknesses or needs in your life where both self-help and external support (volunteer) can help you fill
- Providing for platform for a journey of on-going Self-transformation and well being in living a good life
Registration as an Incorporated Association
Self Helper Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation. It is registered with the Office of Fair Trading, NSW as an Incorporated Association.
The registration number is: INC1600521
PO Box 185
Manly NSW 1655
The process of Self-transformation is simply A 4 step cycle of :-
- Self-Awareness – “Know Yourself” physically, mentally and (optionally) spiritually
- Self-Awakening – reflect upon social problems being mindful of your situation and the situation of many others that may need your help or who may be able to enlighten you in your life experiences by drawing upon their success strategies
- Self-Activation – motivate yourself into an Action Plan for both taking better care of yourself and caring for others less fortunate
- Self-Accountability – monitor progress with your Action Plan and be responsible for your own successes and failure by learning from these in your progressing your self-transformation journey of a lifetime in making better informed decisions for your next challenge(s)
Simply described, but not always so simple to achieve! Why? Generally the perceived pain to change and help YOURSELF is most often seen to be greater than the pain in persevering with a current problem. And the perceived future benefits are seen to be out-weighed by the sensory pleasures of instant gratification being experienced now. Changing bad habits requires a mindset shift and adoption of a better strategy proven to solve such problems. That’s why its not that simple!
Saying “If you don’t like what you are doing now, then stop doing it!” or “If you know what the solution is, just do it” (Nike-style) may all sound very simple and appear to be sound advise, but not when there is a mindset issue involved with a stubborn old habit that just cannot be broken (like loosing weight, stop smoking, etc. Most smokers and obese people are well aware of the huge health and social problems arising from their bad habit but their fear of the perceived pain in giving up their addiction (is mostly in the mind) and of delayed gratification always wins. Despite all the compelling evidence from all those who have completed this journey successfully.
Below is a brief summary of the vision behind the YourSelf Helper website, free for use by ordinary people and sponsored by specialists known for caring more for others (like yourself) than themselves and for devising successful strategies, tools and techniques for solving such problems.
- Yourself Helper & F4L 12 Aug 15 (PDF, 0.28MB)
Being mindful that I’m no expert in the many big hard problems being faced by people like yourself and society generally, I have gathered together some place-holder samples describing my impressions on how a properly supported Self-Transformation process can make a serious contribution towards solving such challenging problems. How do I know this to be so? Because most of these problems are known to be “Self-inflicted” and thereby are open to the possibility of being “Self-preventable” and “Self-correctable” over time. Big hard problems like:-
- Obesity & type-2 Diabetes
- eHealth Management (Aged care, Home-care, Self-Diagnosis)
- Inequalities (in Wealth Distribution, Women, Culture)
- Addictions (to Drugs, Alcohol, Gambling, Pornography)
- Broken Democracies & Corruption (in Government, Media, Interest Groups, Financial Institutions)
- Population Growth and Environmental Pollution (of Air, Land and Water)
- IT Innovation
- Energy Management
The erroneous habits of ordinary people all contribute to what are the biggest social problems being faced by mankind today. Yet solutions to these self-inflicted problems elude us today.
Whereas, other social issues not necessarily self-inflicted but Circumstantial problems like the:–
- Lonely, Depressed, Anxious, etc.
The YourSelf Helper website is designed with all these types of problems in mind.
- The Yourself Helper organisation is the sole owner of the information published on this web site.
- Duplication is not permitted without prior written consent.
- All information on this web site is copyright by the Yourself Helper organisation.
This document sets out the principles that the Yourself Helper organisation has adopted in relation to the protection and handling of personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
In certain circumstances, we may collect personal information about you, for example when you contact us, apply for a volunteer position or join our mailing list. The type of information that we collect includes your name, contact details, identification information, title as well as any personal information provided in forms and documents you submit to us. We also record details of our interactions with you, including any contact we have with you in person, by email, online or on the telephone.
Where practical, the Society will collect personal information directly from you but we may also collect personal information from third parties including other not-for-profit organisations, government agencies, information service providers or public sources.
Where we collect sensitive information from you, such as health information or religious association, we will do so only with your consent, where you provide such information voluntarily or where otherwise authorised by law.
You may withdraw your consent for the Society to retain this information at any time.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose personal information to provide, administer, improve and personalise our services and goods, process donations and payments, identify individuals, maintain and update our records, assess applications for support or assistance, provide support and assistance to those in need, assess employee or volunteer applications, conduct surveys and research, protect our lawful interests and respond to your queries or concerns.
We may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with lawful information requests from courts, government agencies and lawyers and in connection with suspected fraud, misconduct or unlawful activity.
If you are a donor, mailing list registrant or volunteer, we may use your personal information to provide you with ongoing promotional materials and marketing communications about our events, products, services and fundraising initiatives by telephone, email, online or by other means (unless you opt out or we are subject to legal restrictions).
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information. For example, we may not be able to communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
The Yourself Helper organisation handles personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at our own premises and with the assistance of our service providers. In either case, a range of measures are implemented to protect the security of that personal information. We are also required to take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information where it is no longer needed for a permitted purpose.
Access and Updating Personal Information
Please contact us using the details set out below if you have any queries or concerns about privacy or wish to access or correct any personal information we may hold about you. We may need to verify your identity.
If you are making an access or correction request, please provide details of the particular information you seek, to help us to locate it. If we deny any request for access or correction, we will provide our reasons. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
Dealing with Privacy Complaints
Your privacy is important to us and we will do our best to resolve your concerns. To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple two-step process.
- Gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do.
- Contact us at . We will review your situation and, if possible, resolve it straight away.
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
The Yourself Helper organisation will publish and update this policy on its website (https://yourselfhelper.com) and make hard copies available on request.
393 total views, 5 views today