Thank you for progressing to the next “Awakening” step on the problem of “Unemployment” and in particular, “Youth Unemployment”. Irrespective of whether you are currently employed without an unemployment problem yourself, their is a role for you to consider as a volunteer capable, willing and able to support someone else who is in need of employment. Otherwise you could be an individual in need of employment to exit your current predicament, prepared to help yourself to the greatest extent possible and if necessary seek help from one of the beforementioned volunteers in working together jointly in exiting you via employment from your current predicament. Better still you could be an expert in this field prepared to contribute or take ownership of the unemployment material afforded to those undertaking “self-help” . And so it goes on, anyone wanting to participate by tapping into their altruistic side will find a role here as our national unemployment is not about to be solved soon.
The purpose of this read is to stir your altruistic juices to the point of taking affirmative action in deciding to participate in whatever role suits your current situation. By way of introduction, please consider the following generic “awakening” questions stemming from your previous “Awareness” read on Unemployment:-
- What range of emotions did you experience after reading the Unemployment “Awareness” material? – Amazement, surprise, anger, betrayal, relief, sadness, happiness, contentment, shock, confusion, intrigue, doubt, concern, etc.
- Where did these emotions spring from?
- What did each of these emotions teach you about yourself and your current journey through life, possibly your own unemployment or employment experiences?
- Did this brief reflection on your extended evolution in this journey of life stimulate any potential behavioural changes you might consider or any anything which you might be more mindful of in your everyday life?
- What are your views on some of the current issues facing ordinary people as we shift from a mining boom economy into a period of slowing growth and prosperity?
Your Unemployment Awakening Questions, spread across the 4 x Tiers of the Generic F4L.
After reading the “Unemployment – Awareness” material, you are invited now to consider other reflective questions on this subject. Questions designed to stimulate any “Awakenings” that the previous read might have prompted in your conscious mind. The reading may already have raised certain thoughts in regard to your own views on how to make a positive contribution towards helping our unemployed, especially our unemployed youth which is at a far higher level (12-15%) than our average unemployment levels (6.3%). The questioning that follows is structured across the 4 tiers of the generic Framework for Life (F4L) – Physical, Mental, Soul and/or the optional Spiritual tier (as summarised below). However in journalising your own responses to these and any other ones which comes to your conscious mind, you will be creating progressively your own unique F4L for on-going reflection.
The first line of questioning is to determine whether unemployment is a current problem for you personally or you are open to possibilities for how you might contribute towards helping those that are currently unemployed. All in the belief that doing such good works will not only deliver benfits to others but benefit yourself in your living a good life.
Tier 1 – Physical Body-centred Self
- What is your
If you have replied “Yes” to more than 2 of the above questions, then you are a candidate for continuing with the initial self-help program for healthier food consumption and losing weight. The greater the number of Yes responses (2-11) the more important it is that you be awakened to the urgency to act upon the above obesity related information, by progressing to your next Activation Step.
Tier 2 – Physical Mind-centred Self
You will already be aware, the most common reasons for ordinary people not being able to lose weight and/or keep it off is that I’s more of a problem of the mind. In simplistic terms, it’s a struggle between your sub-conscious and conscious minds. A struggle within the context of you wanting to and committed to losing weight and keeping it off. Despite your previous efforts you either failed to achieve this or failed to get sufficiently motivated to even get seriously started. That is about to change. But first lets better journalise your feelings on your overweight problems.
- Identify situations in your life where (despite your best efforts) you frequently re-act or feel differently than you believe you should. The higher the numbers of “yes” responses above the more likely one/many of the situations are associated with a particular trigger to eat unhealthy calorie-dense food or eat excessively large servings. One of the common triggers is boredom (depression and anxiety) and the associated need for “comfort food” as a mechanism for taking your mind off your problems.
- For each of the situations identified above, describe in detail the emotions you usually experience (Amazement, surprise, anger, betrayal, relief, sadness, happiness, contentment, shock, confusion, intrigue, doubt, denial, etc.)
- What did each of these emotions teach you about yourself and your current journey through life?
- Did this brief period of reflect (documented in your personal journal) stimulate any potential changes you might consider or any anything which you might be more mindful of in your everyday life in regards to your eating habits, your food consumption, the company you keep when you eat unhealthily and/or your amount of physical exercise?
Tier 3 – Soul-centred Self
This tier is primarily about identifying with your “Shadow-Self” – the self you are now and the gap between who you know you want to be. Your soul is that reflective space between yourself and your unhealthy eat events and who you really want to be based upon meaningful experiences of your life. Deep down inside there is a self-perception of the real you. It’s the doorway through which you must pass into the life you wish to live, with depth and passion. In this case the shadow-self is that over-weight person that has many excuses for being like that. In your heart and soul you know this is not your authentic-self. Deep down there is the real you inside that wants to get out; a healthier fitter person that is able to enjoy life more and to lead a good life. Your conscious mind contains programs that have strong negative emotional content associated with particular situations and events in your past life that typically keep being repeated. These programs are triggered by situations that arise in your everyday now life. Emotions regarding poor food purchasing decisions, bad eating habits, pier pressure and avoidance of exercise; none of which are currently controllable by your conscious mind. Your heart and soul are “not in it”; they are not really a part of your authentic life. Once you have identified where and why you have failed to make the “right” decisions in your life and when you choose to continue to live in places of delusion, illusion or denial, situations you know are causing you to be overweight. Places and situations in your life where you know you really do not want to continue because they are contributing to you being overweight. Its all in your mind and regaining control of your conscious mind reflecting your soul.
“We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.” The Talmud
- Recall recent times when situations have arisen that were the opportunity to lead a healthier life, yet you defaulted to those old habits (eg. eating out with friends at a fast food restaurant where you and your friends enjoy unhealthy fatty and sweet food but in your heart and soul you knew this is not good for you in the longer term).
- What event(s) trigged you to get into this tempting situation (eg. when friends call and ask “Would you like to join us for dinner this evening”). You know you need to be stronger in terms of your will power. Either avoiding such situations by choosing to eat elsewhere; situations where healthy food is available and where you can experience your authentic-self.
- What were you attracting to yourself or fearful of (eg. criticism, being different, comfort food)?
- Which ones have you been attracting for most of your life (eg. friends seeming to prefer my shadow-self, boredom, loneliness, craving for more food knowing you have eaten enough)?
Tier 4 – Spirit-centred Self (Optional)
For those who believe in God, there are some very straight forward questions to reflect upon in your conversation with the God you know loves you just as you are and also loves you to be the best you can be in your life right now. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with being overweight. But with a well-informed conscious mind reflecting upon the full ramifications of your overweight situation, you can become fully empowered in your response – “I am …” from a self-reflective perspective and “We are …” from your social perspective. Accepting that you attract these situations to yourself, you accept responsibility for your current state (self-inflicted) and for undertaking the known self-help strategy to avoid unhealthy food and correct yourself. Accepting that the experience of every trigger situation is an opportunity for you with God to freely heal yourself in the knowledge that this process is pleasing to God as well.
Very powerful social responses like – I love you, I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you, can open the way for you to communicate to others the change in you and for them to identify with who you really are and what we are as a society in seeking to live a good (healthy) life together. Experiencing faith in yourself and God, hope in your future with God and love of your authentic self and of others in God, you become empowered to fully accept responsibility for who you are who you are and who you choose to be with God as your guide.
Journalising Your Authentic-Self.
The above are a few generic questions provided for you to consider in reflecting upon who you really are when it comes to your overweight problem as structured across a Framework for Life (F4L). Please do not be constrained in your reflections by containing your reflective journal entry just these questions. Any other questions and your associated self-response should be positioned within one of the four F4L tiers. Be fully empowered to raise whatever awakenings occur as you reflect on the awareness material you have read and the experiences of your own life. Those issues you feel are at the heart of your own unique situation, your own over-weight/obesity problem. The journal is your personal contribution to your own Framework for Life, for living a good life.
Simply download the above material as a framework document to your own highly personal journal to ensure its privacy and security stored on your own PC. A contribution to your overweight/obesity problem. Re-read what you have written until you can say “Yes, this is how I feel on my particular problems right now” or generally your views on this subject for your own personal reflection.
You can download a PDF with these questions here: Awakening Self-Questioning
In order to use this PDF, you should first save the file to your computer and then enter your personal information into the form and save it.
Once you have complete your journal entry, please continue to the 3rd step (Activation) in now drawing up your own Action Plan. A plan toward first doing all the self-help activities you possibly can towards solving your own Obesity problem on your own.
Click the “Unemployment” Activation button below to download the “Activation” Plan for this important initiative. You will be invited to prepare an Activation Plan in response to your “Awakening” experience to turn your words into action.
219 total views, 1 views today